We have an obnoxiously large, blank wall in the guest room, and I have been pondering what to do with it for some time now.
Today I saw a cute “be our guest” sign painted with the wall in someone’s spare room. I loved it and knew I wanted to use that saying some how, but with the rustic style we have in there, their modern style wouldn’t work.
So…here is the before of the boring wall…
What to do? What to do?
And without further ado, here is my first tutorial! 🙂
What you will need:
*News paper or drop cloth for painting on
*Black Acrylic Paint
*Paint Brush (more coarse than flimsy)
*Fabric or ribbon (to add the accents)
1. First print off your pennant template here.
2. Trace your pattern on to the burlap using a permanent marker. (you need 10 pennants for this exact sign)
3. Cut out your pennants and lay them out on the news paper or drop cloth.
4. Sketch out your wording with permanent marker.
5. Paint over top of the marker using acrylic paint.
6. Once they are dry, string the pieces together using the twine. I tied a knot in one piece, then strung it through the next and knotted it off again so I didn’t have a large loop, or waste a lot of twine by running it through every piece.
Now the fun part!…
7. Add your ribbon or fabric and embellishments however you wish!
8. Hang on the wall and gaze at it with happiness! 🙂